Thursday, September 02, 2004
Try out the new discussion group, now in beta!
A few brief comments:
- Yes, there are bugs! Many bugs! Please report them using the link provided.
- It looks kind of plain right now, I know. And I haven't implemented a search feature yet, which is planned.
- It works a lot like the old discussion group.
- There's a new archive section ("Older Topics").
- You can provide a URL with your name when you post. I'm hoping that people who have their own web sites will do so, and that this will make posters a little less anonymous. (Note that these URLs will not be followed by search engines like Google, so they cannot be abused to "steal" PageRank.)
Most of the changes are really on the back end, in the adminitrator's interface and in the abuse- and spam-prevention features. I'm hoping that if all works well, you'll see a lot less spam. And it's now much easier for me to make a new discussion group, something which used to take an hour of work, so I may set up several new groups in the future (if you have a good idea for a topic please post it.)
Want to know more?
You’re reading Joel on Software, stuffed
with years and years of completely raving mad articles about software development, managing
software teams, designing user interfaces, running successful software companies,
and rubber duckies.
About the author.
I’m Joel Spolsky,
co-founder of Trello and
Fog Creek Software, and CEO of Stack Exchange.
More about me.
© 2000-2015 Joel Spolsky