Michael asks: “I’m interested in anyone’s ideas on either good or bad interface issues that they’ve seen while buying things. Remember that I’m selling software, so order tracking and fulfillment don’t really exist…”
I have really smart readers. Wow.
Google now has 20 years of Usenet online. You can entertain yourself with some scary stuff from my past.
- my first post — this was rather a difficult trick because Penn didn’t officially allow undergrads to post to Usenet in those days (so I transferred out!) (April 1988)
- my first Internet lecture — more than a decade before Joel on Software I had things to say. Not very interesting things though. (August 1988)
- my first contribution to Open Source (September 1988)
- my first software released under GPL (November 1988) — now the Slashdot kiddies have to shut up; I was writing GPLed software before they were born, bwa ha ha!
- I was writing Macintosh code way back then, too. (August 1993)
- First post from New York (September 1994)